Langston Kerman is an incredible comedian renowned for his distinctive style, quick wit, and relatable humor. We will explore Langston Kerman’s journey, rise to fame, contributions to the comedy world, and how audiences continue to be delighted by him through hilarious performances and insightful analysis.
Early Life and Background
Langston Kerman was born and raised in Oak Park, Michigan and had an early passion for comedy and storytelling from an early age. Inspired by legendary comedians Richard Pryor and Dave Chappelle, Langston pursued a path that would eventually lead him to become one of America’s acclaimed comedians.
|10 September 1986
|36 years old
|Oak Park, Illinois, USA
|African American and Jewish
|Phyllis J. Kerman
|Nikki Hasselbarth (2019-Present)
|University of Michigan (Graduate)
|Comedian, Actor and Screenwriter
|$7.35 Million (as of 2023)
|6 feet 1 inches (1.85 meters)
|87 kg (191.8 pounds)
The Beginnings of a Comedy Career
Langston Kerman moved to Chicago, renowned for its bustling comedy scene, to pursue his love of comedy and hone his craft at open mic nights in Chicago. Soon enough, audiences and fellow comedians began appreciating Langston’s distinct comedic voice and pushing forward his career path.
Stand-Up Comedy Success
Langston Kerman’s stand-up comedy performances are a testament to his extraordinary talent. By weaving personal anecdotes with social commentary, his stand-up shows provide audiences with a compelling and thought-provoking experience. Additionally, Langston offers unique perspectives on diverse subjects, such as race relations and social norms, that enables him to connect with audiences from diverse backgrounds.
Television and Film Appearances
Langston Kerman has made waves both on stage and on screen. From stand-up comedy performances to appearances in popular shows like “Insecure” and “The Boys,” Langston has shown his versatility as an actor with impressive on-screen presence and comedic timing that have won critical acclaim and expanded his fan base.
Writing and Podcasting Ventures
Langston Kerman’s creativity transcends both stage and screen. Langston is an accomplished writer who has contributed articles for publications like Vice and The New Yorker. Additionally, Langston co-hosts the podcast My Momma Told Me, which explores conspiracy theories and urban legends with humor and intelligence.
Social Impact and Advocacy
Kerman uses his comedy to shine a spotlight on critical social issues. His comedic performance often addresses topics related to racial inequality, mental health and the human experience – all topics on which Langston seeks to shed light. Through his work, Langston hopes to foster dialogue and understanding between people from diverse backgrounds.
Unique Style and Comic Approach
Langston Kerman stands out in comedy by creating comedic moments in an organic and relatable manner, captivating audiences through storytelling and clever punchlines while pushing them outside their comfort zones & challenging their perspectives. Langston’s unique humor fuses humor with social commentary, making him a standout voice among comedians today.
Recognitions and Awards
Langston has been recognized for his talent and contributions. He has earned several prestigious accolades, such as nominations to the Writers Guild of America Awards. These accomplishments indicate his growing impact and significance within the entertainment industry.
Hey! Stop, I hope you liked the content if you are till here. So, subscribe for more interesting updates.
Langston Kerman movies
- South Side (2019-2022) – Adam Bethune
- The Boys (2020) – Eagle the Archer
- Bless This Mess (2019-2020) – Brandon
- You’re Not a Monster (2021) – Dr. Edgar Martinez
- Pause with Sam Jay (2021) – Langston
- Bust Down (2022) – Langston
- Not Dead Yet (2023) – Jesse
Langston Kerman comedy shows
- Lightskinned Feelings (2018) – His first comedy album.
- The Stand (2019) – He appeared on this comedy series on Comedy Central.
- Pause with Sam Jay (2021) – A comedy special that he co-created and starred in.
- My Momma Told Me (2022) – His own podcast.
- Bust Down (2022) – A comedy series on Peacock that he stars in.
He is also currently on tour, and you can find more information about his upcoming shows on his website.
Langston Kerman Screen writings
- South Side (2019-2022) – Writer (multiple episodes)
- Pause with Sam Jay (2021) – Writer, Co-Creator, Executive Producer
- Bust Down (2022) – Writer, Co-Creator, Executive Producer
- The Other Black Girl (2023) – Writer (in post-production)
He is also a writer on the upcoming comedy series Not Dead Yet, which is set to premiere in 2023.
Future Endeavors With an ever-increasing fan base and list of achievements to his name shows no signs of slowing down. He continues to explore new avenues with his comedy, and fans eagerly anticipate any upcoming projects where Langston will bring laughter and insight.
facts about Langston Kerman
- He was born on September 10, 1986, in Oak Park, Illinois.
- He is of mixed race, his mother is African American and his father is white and Jewish.
- He graduated from the University of Michigan with a degree in English.
- He then went on to earn an MFA in creative writing from Boston University.
- He began his comedy career as a stand-up comedian, and he has performed at clubs and festivals all over the country.
- He has also appeared in several TV shows and movies, including South Side, The Boys, and Bless This Mess.
- He is a writer and co-star on the HBO Max series South Side.
- He is the writer, co-creator, and executive producer of the HBO Max comedy special Pause with Sam Jay.
- He is the writer, co-creator, and executive producer of the Peacock comedy series Bust Down.
- He is a talented writer and comedian, and he is sure to continue to be successful in the entertainment industry.
Here are some additional facts about Langston Kerman:
- He is a member of the Writers Guild of America.
- He is a 2016 Writers’ Room Fellow at the Sundance Institute.
- He was named one of Vulture’s “Comedians You Should Know” in 2018.
- He was nominated for a Writers Guild Award for his work on Pause with Sam Jay in 2022.
Langston Kerman has quickly made himself a fixture in the comedy world with his unique blend of wit, social commentary and relatability that has won him critical acclaim and earned him a loyal fan base. From humble beginnings to becoming one of today’s biggest comedy acts, Langston Kerman is an inspiring testament to perseverance and authenticity when following your passions.
Where can I watch Langston Kerman’s stand-up comedy performances?
You can catch Langston Kerman’s stand-up comedy performances on popular platforms such as Netflix and YouTube. Additionally, he frequently performs at live comedy shows and festivals.
Has Langston Kerman released any comedy specials?
Yes, Langston has released a comedy special titled “Langston Kerman: Lightskinned Feelings” on Netflix. It showcases his comedic prowess and unique style.
Does Langston Kerman write his own material?
Yes, Langston is known for his exceptional writing skills. He crafts his own material, infusing it with personal experiences and social commentary.
How can I stay updated on Langston Kerman’s upcoming projects?
You can follow Langston on social media platforms such as Instagram and Twitter to stay updated on his latest projects, performances, and appearances.
Is Langston Kerman involved in any philanthropic endeavors?
Langston actively supports various social causes and uses his platform to raise awareness about important issues. He is involved in initiatives that promote education, mental health, and social equality.